16 Tasty Breakfast Ideas For People On A Keto Diet
A low-carb option for every palette. Whether you’re following a keto diet, or simply trying to reduce the amount of carbs you consume on a daily basis, finding tasty breakfast options can be a challenge. If you’re the kind of person who needs a hearty breakfast sandwich to start the day, a low-carb diet can mean completely overhauling the way you approach your favorite meal. But a few simple ingredient swaps can make a lower-carb diet both sustainable and tasty. To help you start each day with a delicious dish that doesn’t break the carb bank, we rounded up some of the most popular low-carb breakfast options out there. From low-carb banana bread to stuffed breakfast biscuits, here are 16 ways to reinvent your morning meal.
1. Coconut flour crêpes sweetashoney.co The best traditional crêpes are renown for their thinness but since coconut flour is harder to work with, don’t feel bad about thickening your batch up by using less water and more flour. This way, they’ll have an easier time holding all the cream cheese or berries you’ll be stuffing them with, too. Get the recipe .
2. Breakfast Egg Muffins lifemadeketo.com These egg muffins can be made with virtually any leftover vegetable or protein scraps you’ve got hanging around your kitchen. Get the recipe , and read more about our experience trying this recipe.
3. Bacon and Mozzarella Hot Pocket ketodietapp.com It’s amazing how many classic breakfast recipes you can replicate using almond flour. This ingredient is admittedly pricier than regular flour, but in this and many other cheese- and fat-heavy keto recipes, a little bit goes a long way. Get the recipe .
4. Blueberry and Cinnamon Strata 730sagestreet.com This unconventional egg casserole combines blueberries, vanilla, and cinnamon for a mildly sweet, dessert-like breakfast dish. Get the recipe .
5. Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake thebigmansworld.com
Made with coconut flour, protein powder, and egg, this recipe clocks in less than 150 calories AND lets you have a cinnamon roll for breakfast. Get the recipe .
6. Everything Bagels ketoconnect.net Sometimes you’re craving a chewy hunk of bread you can sink your teeth into. For those moments, you can turn to this bagel recipe that combines cream cheese, eggs, and protein powder. Get the recipe .
7. Breakfast Pockets joyfilledeats.com This biscuit dough is made with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour, and comes together with shredded mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and egg (which also makes part of the filling). And if eggs and bacon aren’t your cup of tea, feel free to slather these low-carb slices with butter, cream cheese, or a low-carb Nutella spread , if you dare. Get the recipe .
8. Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche easylowcarb.com Combine with a squeeze of Sriracha or mayonnaise (both great low-carb options) for optimal deliciousness. Get the recipe .
9. Sausage, Cheddar, and Zucchini Breakfast Casserole thismomsmenu.com An easy-to-make casserole that you can portion off and freeze for later. Get the recipe .
10. Flourless Peanut Butter Bread kirbiecravings.com Consisting of mostly peanut butter and three eggs, this one’s for all the peanut butter aficionados out there. Get the recipe .
11. White Cheddar Sausage Biscuit peaceloveandlowcarb.com If you’re wondering how this biscuit recipe looks so much like the usual stuff, it’s all thanks to the smart combination of cream cheese, almond flour, and yet more cheddar cheese. Make a batch for breakfast or pair them with a soup or salad for dinner. Get the recipe .
12. Cinnamon Almond Flour Waffles thekitchenmagpielowcarb.com Almond flour, eggs, and a little bit of sweetener are key to helping you live your best weekend brunch life. Don’t forget cinnamon, that magical breakfast spice which packs a punch in just a tiny quarter teaspoon. Get the recipe .
13. Sausage and Feta Scramble thisoldgal.com Cream cheese turns an otherwise standard egg scramble into a creamy and extra filling breakfast dish. Get the recipe .
14. Low-Carb Banana Bread delicrunch.co
Is there any better way to start your day than a slice of warm and moist banana bread? This recipe is almost identical to your usual banana bread recipe, except that it uses almond flour and oil instead of regular flour and butter. Get the recipe .
15. Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Biscuit howtothisandthat.com Not every breakfast recipe has to include eggs. Take this biscuit recipe, which is a hearty way to shoo those carb cravings away and keep you full well into lunchtime. It’s made with almond flour and three kinds of cheese, making it both satiating and fun to bite into. Get the recipe .
16. Pumpkin Mini Muffins meganseelinger.com
Each keto muffin is just 1.6 grams of net carbs, and is perfect as breakfast or an after-dinner dessert. Get the recipe .
Want more keto inspiration?
16 Addictive Snacks For People Avoiding Carbs
22 Time-Saving Keto Hacks For Busy People
17 Things I Learned About Keto That My Doctor Didn’t Tell Me
Top trending videos Facebook Share Twitter Tweet Copy Copy link Watch more BuzzFeed Video Caret right